Thank you for inquiring about writing curriculum reviews for The Curriculum Choice! The information below should answer all your questions.
The Nitty-Gritty of Life as a Reviewer for the Curriculum Choice
- Authors write reviews without payment. There are occasional reviews up for grabs when companies contact us, and you are free to request products for review, but there is no additional payment. Most of our authors write simply for the pleasure of ministering to the homeschool community.
- You are encouraged to “promote” your blog and/or website in the tagline of each review you write and on the “Meet the Authors” page. Considering we get over 11,000 views per month, the potential exposure is great.
- You must agree to write one review per month, which is due the last day of the month for the upcoming month. Ex. All reviews for October are due September 30th.
- You must write reviews only for products you actually use and love.
- While you don’t have to write from a Christian perspective, you must not write from a perspective against Christianity. Any posts that are negative toward Christianity in any form or fashion will not be posted. On issues of divisiveness, please choose to not give an opinion – facts only. Ex. You will notice illustrations of women wearing head coverings, but even though the content is conservative, most families will not be offended in any way by the material presented.
- You may certainly write reviews on products which have been previously reviewed at The Curriculum Choice. Our readers appreciate more than one viewpoint.
- As a “regular” author, you will be expected to write your reviews and add photos/links directly in the WordPress hosted blog format. Tricia can walk you through the process if you aren’t familiar with WordPress.
- We do not accept writers who are a part of The Old Schoolhouse (TOS) review crew. This is simply because we have found there is a high rate of burn out from those who write for both.
Your First Post
1. Your first post will be a trial of sorts. It will help you see if writing reviews is really your desire and help us see if our goals and your style are compatible.
2. Simply write a review of a curriculum or product you love and send it as a Word doc to Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to add a short bio to the end of your review! Attach to the email any photos you might like to add to the review.
3. If you have a website, please send along that address so we can view your writing style. It’s especially helpful if you can link to a review you’ve written in the past, but not necessary.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask. If you would like to jump on board, we heartily welcome you! Either way, contact Tricia at email@example.com.