In big church, I find myself humming the tune of Happy Birthday to You when we read, “Marvel not that I said… marvel not that I said… marvel not that I said unto thee ye must be born again” John 3 verse 7.
All because the CDs by the Harrow family have tucked the Lord’s Word into our hearts.
Memorization is so very important but often a difficult skill to set aside time to practice. For us, singing has been the simplest way of memorizing.
I found this resource early in our homeschool journey through Sonlight curriculum. We started with Sing the Word A to Z and A New Commandment.
How our family uses this resource:
- For individual learning – for the littlest ones – adding a scripture song to a room time CD. Older ones pick a CD to listen to during afternoon quiet time.
- Popping in a CD in the car. Everyone learning all at once – even parents. It just has to be practical for us to get it done!
- Last Christmas, each of the children received a Sing the Word title for their ‘spiritual’ gift. There was a bundle of four CDs offered with a free download of a Quiet Time CD – perfect for our five. (This special is still available!)
Sing the Word is produced by His Own Hand Music. Their collection includes over 100 songs plus two books of the Bible songs for Old and New Testament.
- Credo new!
- Quiet Time Collection
- All Nations Shall Worship
- The Heavens Declare
- Great in Counsel and Mighty in Deed
- God Our Provider
- A New Commandment
- Sing the Word A to Z
- an accompanying Bible Copywork book for God Our Provider.
Listen to samples of all songs and CDs on their site. Eight sets of scripture are available for purchase or immediate download. Individual CDs are $14.95 with bundle package specials often available.
-Tricia homeschools five children from preschool to middle school, mixing up a classical and Charlotte Mason style. You can find her facing that daily dose of chaos at Hodgepodge and sharing habits at Habits for a Happy Home.