Once in awhile a product comes along that you have wanted and needed in your homeschool, a product that makes your homeschooling easier and takes it to a new level of learning. In my opinion, the new editable Notebooking Publisher from NotebookingPages.com is just such a product.
We are a notebooking family and use notebook pages as a way of recording our written narrations even in high school. I require my son to narrate every single book he reads in some way and notebook pages are usually his method of choice. Until now, he has had to put pencil to paper and hand write his thoughts on each notebook page. Not anymore!
Here is how we are going to be using Notebooking Publisher.
- My son will read any assigned pages in his scheduled materials.
- Decide on a topic to write about.
- Type the narration in a Word document (or other available word processing program). He will type, edit, and polish his written narration before placing it on the notebook page. (See my entry: Notebooking Builds Good Habits)
- Pull up Notebooking Publisher and go to the appropriate category of notebook page templates. There are over 6,200 templates available: Template Collections.
- Decide on a template to use and insert the text from the Word document. The notebook page can have boxes for sketches or images, lines for typing, and space for titles and captions.
- Clipart, images from the public domain, his own artwork, and photos he takes of his own projects can all be easily placed into the template.
- Print, hole punch, and insert in the appropriate notebook binder.
Using the Notebooking Publisher helps make my son more of an independent learner. I don’t always have his notebooking pages ready to go and using the Notebooking Publisher makes it easy for him to choose and complete his own pages. (You can read about my entry Notebooking on the Fly for a glimpse into our notebooking style.)
As a homeschooling parent, I appreciate any product that saves me time. With the Notebooking Publisher, I have been able to make customized binder spines and covers in a snap.
I also always appreciate the value of a good homeschooling investment. The good news is that if you already own a Treasury Membership at NotebookingPages.com, you have full access to the Notebooking Publisher! This is going to add a whole new layer of flexibility to your notebooking experience and if you have creative children, they are going to love the ability to customize their own pages. The ideas are endless! If you haven’t purchased a membership yet, look at it as an investment for the rest of your school years. Once you buy your membership you have access to everything that is available when you sign up…forever.
The Notebooking Publisher is included in the Notebook Pages Treasury.
If you haven’t seen how it works yet, here is Debra’s video tutorial.
and their new web-app, The Notebooking Publisher™
You can also keep up with all the latest via the Notebooking Pages Facebook page.
Free Gift For Curriculum Choice Readers!
Debra, at Notebooking Pages is offering a free gift! A download of a History Timeline/Book of Centuries Notebooking set! All you need to do is click over to this special Curriculum Choice page on her website. (If you become a Notebooking Pages subscriber you will also receive a free homeschool planning sampler).
Next, we have a Treasury Membership Giveaway!
One Curriculum Choice reader will win a Notebooking Pages Treasure membership!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Written by Barb-Harmony Art Mom. I blog at Harmony Art Mom and am the creator of Harmony Fine Arts. I would love for you to join us for the Outdoor Hour Challenges at the Handbook of Nature Study.