Grammar is one of those necessary subjects that isn’t always the most fun to do.
Easy Grammar makes it a little easier to complete what can be a daunting task.
Easy Grammar is a grade-by-grade program, teaching kids the essentials of grammar.
There is about 180 lessons in each book, making for one easy lesson a day. Each lesson only takes
10-15 minutes to complete, which makes it much easier to do for kids who aren’t interested
In our homeschool, we’ve completed almost two whole years of Easy Grammar and my
3rd grader is excellent at picking parts of a sentence and punctuating them. I think
it has much to do with this program. There’s so much I like about Easy Grammar, I’ll just
tell you my list:
- shortness of lessons (only 10-15 minutes per day)
- students can do this mostly on their own…great independent work
- each lesson carries over to the next day and builds on itself, so nothing is forgotten
- the 3rd grade book focuses on prepositions…my 3rd grader can pick out a preposition anywhere!
- there is a teacher’s manual available, but I’ve never thought it was necessary…one less book to buy
- covers the essentials without being monotonous
- children learn lots in a short block of time
- instructions are short and to-the-point
I love Easy Grammar and I plan on using it with all my kids. It’s great especially for boys who tend to
have shorter attention spans. I think this program paired with a great spelling program and a little
vocabulary would make for a great language arts curriculum.
Alicia can be found blogging at her personal blog: La Famille. She has three “students” in her home school and loves being their mama and teacher.