Last year I came upon the Foundations Bible Curriculum and the author, Anne Elliot’s personal website. Anne’s website is full of encouragement for homeschooling families and some great freebies. I would encourage you to pop over and spend some time getting acquainted with this lovely godly woman, but today, lets talk about Anne’s Bible Curriculum.
Format: E-book or Coil-Bound Format (e-book available from Foundations Press and Currclick, Coil-bound seems to only be available from Foundations Press)
Publisher: Foundations Press
Price: E-book $14.95, Coil-Bound $24.95
Age Group: Suitable for the whole family. There is extra reading for the older and activities for all age groups.
Foundations is intended for the whole family to study the Word of God together. ‘Multi-level’, ‘All-Ages’ – words I love to hear when purchasing curriculum!
In our home we find this time that we spend together before we start each new school day to be invaluable. It really sets us on the right foot for our day before each child gets started on their own age appropriate lessons. It unites us, brings us together for a common purpose and it conveys to the children that first time is God’s time – it is the most important part of our day.
With Foundations, this is what you will get:
*Foundations is offered as a 3-year plan and is written to follow a chronological approach. It is highly recommended that you start with Foundations 1 then progress to 2 and 3.
* Foundations teaches your children how to study their Bible for themselves using inductive and deductive methods.
* Through twice-weekly drills, your children will learn all the books of the Bible and where to find them. My girls are able to find the reading in church/youth meetings without being left still looking once the reading is over!
* Your children will be memorizing scripture weekly in a fun way that makes it memorable. They get to write it on day, illustrate it the next, put actions to it on another, and then hold a contest on yet another day! Trust me – you will be memorizing right alongside them, another great advantage!
* Easy for Mom! Each week is clearly laid out for mom. A schedule in table form tops the page, followed by expanded notes for each day’s task. Links to download sample pages from each course below.
* If you use the full three year program, your children will study the whole bible once every three years. That’s twice every six years! Because this program has been designed to be used by multiple ages, your children will definitely gain more insight upon starting at Foundations 1 again.
* This program is all-inclusive! You can buy some of the recommended books mentioned in the beginning of your Foundations download if you like, but you can rest assured that they are NOT compulsory. This program works perfectly well without them. All you need is your Bible ;o)
Let’s look a bit deeper:
Foundations 1 covers the Old Testament. It teaches about God’s nature and character, as well as the nature and character of mankind – sinners. They will learn about the necessity of the law and of God’s plan to redeem mankind through His son Jesus Christ. They will learn about Israel’s place within God’s plan all they while laying a firm foundation in their lives for understanding Jesus’ purpose as presented in the New Testament. You can download some sample pages from this year here, and purchase Foundations 1 through Currclick here or directly from Foundations Press here.
Foundations 2 is entitled ‘Christ Our Messiah’. This is a study on the Gospels and Acts. We learn how Christ is the fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecies and of the Church’s early history. You can download a free sample of Foundations 2 here, purchase it through Currclick here or directly from Foundations Press here.
Foundations 3 looks at ‘Christ Our Hope’. Your studies continue in the New Testament covering the Epistles and the exciting book of Revelation. You can download sample pages from Foundations 3 here, purchase through Currclick here or directly from Foundations Press here.
Other titles available written by Anne Elliot:
And a great FREEBIE: Just Tell Me What to Order!
Disclosure: I do have affiliate links to Currclick but not to the Foundations Press site. This means that if you choose to purchase any of these products using my links, I will receive a small credit to my Currclick account. I have not received this product in exchange for a review, I am simply reviewing a great product that we have come across in our homeschooling journey and feel that it would be a great addition to any Christian home. We have only used Foundations 1 but if the quality of the program that we have used is anything to go by we are excited and will be using Foundations 2 and 3 over the next 2 years. I have not and will not be receiving any payment for my review. Please do read our Disclosure Policy.